Thursday, July 10, 2008

lazy days


It must be summer when a trip to the grocery store constitutes your main event of the day. (Or maybe that's just family life at any time of year??)

I must confess that the other tremendous weakness (and time killer) I have succumbed to recently is shopping for farm sinks on craigslist and e-bay. I may come up with the perfect one yet. Here is a shot of one of my recent lovies. The problem with the apron-front jobbies is that they are a booger to mount and incredibly heavy to boot. I may just do a 50's style with double drainboards and a high back. I think that would work nicely with the stove, and would allow us to do a drop-in installation, which would be a lot easier.

I have been pestering handymen about installing a new window in my kitchen (the one we've got has a broken seal). You wouldn't think it would be so hard to get that kind of simple task done, but it seems to be significantly more challenging than launching a space-ship.

No comments: