Thursday, April 24, 2008

chickens and birthdays




We have had many birthdays of grandparents in our family this week. May they all have a blessed year! We were lucky enough to get to Houston to celebrate my mom's and had much fun exploring Houston newest civic development--their gorgeous downtown park with lake and ampitheater. We also visited a fantastic store called Wabash Antiques and Feed, which got me even more excited about acquiring CHICKENS!

The dude on Craigslist that I'll be getting my "Dekalb Amber" chickens from says that they've been raised organically and have already begun laying. My longsuffering husband even agreed to acquire a free old handmade playhouse off of craigslist for them to live in (attached is a shot of it on his truck!). That booger is heavy and needs a coat of paint, but it has the cutest little moon cut-out like an outhouse!

No comments: